Senior/Staff ML Ops Engineer
Software Engineering, Operations, Data Science
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 2, 2022
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world's leading platform for cybersecurity posture automation company. The Balbix Security Cloud uses AI and automation to reinvent how the World's leading organizations reduce their cyber risk. With Balbix, security teams can accurately inventory their cloud and on-prem assests, conduct vulnerability management and quantify their cyber risk in monetary terms.
Balbix counts many global 1000 companies among its rapidly growing customer base. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a senior ML-OPs engineer you will work on automating AI/ML Workflow. You will solve problems related to massive cybersecurity and IT data sets. You will collaborate closely with our ML/AI Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Engineers to solve real-world problems plaguing cybersecurity. This role requires basic knowledge of ML and excellent knowledge of automation of ML Processes.
- Design and implement automation of model training/handling feedback loop process (continuous training)
- Implement solutions for continuous observability of ML models and their performance
- Implement solutions for automation of ML Pipeline components deployment process with appropriate support for quality gate
- Implement solutions for end to end tracking of model KPIs for a given dataset that support model versioning
- Develop Platform and Modular approach in assisting quicker development of ML Models, including solutions for feature store, parameter store and time series data
- Design solutions that are scalable and reduce time for ML model migration to prod
- Build production quality solutions that are highly scalable and meet acceptance criteria of technical requirements
- Interface with multiple teams, including ML, UI, backend and data engineering to ensure seamless data sourcing, handling, processing and visualizations.
- Driven to experience and learn more about design, architecture, understanding end to end requirements and delivering solutions that can add value to the work
- Collaborative and comfortable working across teams including data engineering, front end, Product Management, ML and DevOps
- Responsible and like to take ownership of challenging problems
- An effective communicator, including good documentation practices and articulating thought processes in a team setting
- Comfortable with working in an agile environment
- Curious about technology and the industry, and a constant learner
- MS/BS +3 years in Computer Science or a related field
- Expert programming experience with Python or Java
- 2 years experience in one of the ML OPs tools like Apache Airflow(Preferred)/Luigi/Argo/ML Flow/Kube Flow/Sage Maker
- 2+ experience in working with any of the public cloud AWS(preferred)/Azure/GCP
- Knowledge of SQL databases such as Postgres and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Experience working with Columnar Databases and JSON/Parquet/ORC message formats
- Experience with search engine database such as ElasticSearch is added bonus
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.