Senior Product Marketing Manager
Marketing & Communications, Product
San Jose, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
WHO WE ARE
Balbix is the world's leading platform for cybersecurity posture automation company. The Balbix Security Cloud uses AI and automation to reinvent how the World's leading organizations reduce their cyber risk. With Balbix, security teams can accurately inventory their cloud and on-prem assests, conduct vulnerability management and quantify their cyber risk in monetary terms.
Balbix counts many global 1000 companies among its rapidly growing customer base. We are backed by John Chambers (the former CEO and Chairman of Cisco), top Silicon Valley VCs and global investors. We have been called magical, and have received raving reviews as well as customer testimonials, numerous industry awards, and recognition by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, and by Frost & Sullivan.
READ CAREFULLY: All candidates must have 5+ years of experience in cyber security, preferably at SaaS-based security startups, have an extensive writing portfolio and a passion for content creation, and be able to work 4 days per week in the San Jose office.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are seeking a Sr. Product Marketing Manager who is a content rock-star to join our team and help drive our go-to-market strategy and content. Reporting to the Head of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for articulating our business value to our target personas, including technical practitioners and CISOs. You will use your security and product knowledge and prolific writing skills to create impactful blogs, top-of-funnel assets, and product marketing collateral. You will work closely with marketing, sales, and product management stakeholders to support integrated campaigns, outbound SDR activities, and events with both content and speaking needs.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Subject Matter Expertise: Develop a deep understanding of our platform and become a subject matter expert in the field of security posture management.
- Target Persona Engagement: Create compelling messaging that effectively communicates our platform's value proposition to our target personas, including security professionals and CISOs
- Content Creation: Generate thought leadership and product-oriented content including blog posts, videos, and ebooks in addition to sales enablement tools like demo scripts, solution briefs and product presentations.
- Support for Sales and Marketing: Collaborate closely with sales, marketing, and product management teams to support integrated campaigns, events, and related programs with content and speaking requirements. Work to build email cadences and calling scripts for the SDR team.
- Training and Enablement: Develop and deliver training sessions and enablement materials to equip internal teams such as SDRs with the knowledge and tools they need to succeed.
- Security Expertise: 5+ years experience in cybersecurity startups, preferably with a solid understanding of security posture management.
- Product Knowledge: Proficiency in comprehending and effectively articulating technical product details and value propositions.
- Exceptional Writing Skills: Strong writing and communication skills to create impactful content for both technical and CISO audiences.
- Collaborative Team Player: Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Marketing Acumen: Familiarity with marketing strategies and tactics to drive product awareness and adoption.
- Project Management: Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Campaign Planning: Ability to develop marketing campaigns and work with the demand gen team to execute and help drive top-of-the-funnel leads
- Location: Must be able to work in person at our San Jose office
- Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or related field
Life @ Balbix
At Balbix, we have built a culture that aligns to our values of ownership, customer focus, curiosity, tenacity, innovation, judgement, teamwork, communication, honesty and impact. In joining our team you’ll work with very motivated and knowledgeable people, build pioneering products and utilize cutting-edge technology. Our Balbix team members see rapid career growth opportunities stemming from our culture of alignment, bottom up innovation, our clarity of goals and unrelenting mission. Last but not least, developing the world's most advanced platform to address what the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today is exceptionally rewarding!
Benefits & Perks
Balbix offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family. Our Flex Time Off policy encourages you to take time off when you need it because we know and value how hard you work. When it comes to our offices it’s location, location, location we’re right next door to Santana Row so you can enjoy your time in (and out) of the office!
More information at https://www.balbix.com/company/careers/
Please reach out if you want a seat on our rocket-ship and are passionate about changing the cybersecurity equation.
At Balbix we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to equality, fairness and human kindness.