Customer Support Engineer
Banyan Security is a leading provider of zero trust security solutions for the modern workforce. Our device-centric Security Service Edge (SSE) product delivers a comprehensive range of integrated security capabilities – including Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), VPN as a Service (VPNaaS), Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), and Secure Web Gateway (SWG) – all in a unified product that is simple to implement and boosts employee productivity.
As a Banyan Customer Support Engineer, you will solve complex technical problems for Banyan customers, driving their support interactions to a successful conclusion. You will work closely with the Customer Success team to fully understand customers' environments, and work directly with product and engineering teams whenever needed to clarify technical details, advocate for feature requests, and track bug fixes.
Using the knowledge gained from solving these problems, you will create knowledge-base articles to enable customers to find a solution themselves, and provide feedback to help us find new ways to delight customers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot customer technical problems
- Lead issue tracking and incoming requests across different teams
- Oversee Customer Service Improvements
- Write support documentation and training materials for customers
- Maintaining positive relationships with our customers for the delivery of technical support
- Suggesting ways to improve our support processes and customer satisfaction
- Building collateral to help customers help themselves: knowledge base articles, documentation, etc.
What You'll Bring
You are a technologist who understands the challenges organizations face in integrating innovative security technologies into complex IT environments across heterogeneous environments. You have engineering depth, a customer-first mentality, and the drive to ensure customers achieve their business and security objectives with our products. You can explain complex software concepts to customers simply and clearly.
- Proven experience in Technical Support in a SaaS technology businesses
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for solving customer issues and advocating for their success in a fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Experience with identity and access technologies: SSO, SAML, OIDC, RBAC
- Experience with cloud platforms: AWS,Terraform
- Top-notch infrastructure troubleshooting skills: DNS, proxy servers, HTTP and TLS testing
- Familiarity with common troubleshooting tools: dig/nslookup, curl, openssl, grep
- Comfortable managing ticket queues in Zendesk or Freshdesk
It's a huge plus if you have
- Experience working in fast-paced startups
- Knowledge of the Zero Trust ecosystem and competitors
- Experience with cloud security and permissions systems - VPC, Security Groups, IAM
- Operational knowledge of networking protocols
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, TLS, HTTP, etc.
- Experience with network security: IPSEC, SSL-VPN, NAT, GRE
- Experience with endpoint security software: Antivirus, DLP, IPS, NAC
- Experience with DataDog, PagerDuty,
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- 100% Fully Funded Individual Healthcare Premiums
- Virtual happy hours and team building events, fun culture and exhilarating work environment