Sr. Director Content and Digital Marketing
Banyan Security is a leading provider of zero trust security solutions for the modern workforce. Our device-centric Security Service Edge (SSE) product delivers a comprehensive range of integrated security capabilities – including Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA), VPN as a Service (VPNaaS), Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), and Secure Web Gateway (SWG) – all in a unified product that is simple to implement and boosts employee productivity.
About the Job
Do you like to wear many hats, with the autonomy to get things done? This is an incredible opportunity to get in early at a pre-IPO cybersecurity company on a mission to revolutionize network access and enterprise security. As the Growth and Digital Director, you will drive awareness and sales of our award winning zero trust secure remote access products and services. This is an individual contributor role, where you will be responsible for the development and execution of our digital and content marketing strategies as well as the distribution of creative content across various platforms and innovative channels to engage prospects and generate new leads. You’ll also own the website, SEO, and publishing the blogs and podcasts to feed the content marketing machine.
This is the ideal role for a security marketing expert who is innovative, passionate about startups, familiar with SaaS-based enterprise security solutions and an expert at identifying and executing content creation and distribution strategies that result in business growth. You should be comfortable finding creative ways of building an online presence, as well as using analytics in the formulation of a digital strategy. You will work cross-functionally and with the marketing department to manage the creation of impactful digital messaging for our audience of security professionals.
What You’ll Do
- Own the website (currently in WordPress), keeping it securely patched and up-to-date. Experience in Divi and Elementor is a big bonus.
- Own the day-to-day content distribution strategy, with responsibility for identifying new and innovative channels to engage with our prospects.
- Build a following across a wide range of channels including social, newsletters, podcasts, meetups, conferences etc...
- Brainstorm with team members to develop new content ideas for social and digital advertising.
- Coordinate with other members of the marketing team to ensure that the editorial and digital strategies balance business needs with audience interests.
- Identify and manage the creation of new pieces of content to drive thought leadership, engagement, and lead generation (eBooks, SlideShare presentations, Infographics, etc.).
- Generate and propose new digital ideas based on research and social audience insights: this should result in integrated marketing campaigns across the website, social, content, and digital advertising
- Continue a targeted SEO strategy building SSE and zero trust keyphrases, using branded and non-branded tactics.
- Help develop and track KPIs to assess strategic impact of content, and refine and optimize content strategy and execution to improve performance.
- Provide guidance (style guides and coaching) for content developers, both internal and external, to ensure the highest quality.
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ years of marketing highly technical products, especially SaaS
- 5 years’' experience with a B2B security solution, experience in early-stage startups is critical.
- Excellent communication, writing, copyediting and organizational skills. A background in content and website production will be highly useful.
- A strong content and website portfolio: be able to demonstrate past websites and past work.
- Extremely strong analytical skills, including A/B testing, web metrics, and sales metrics.
- Ability to manage SEO/SEM, email, social media and familiar with marketing automation tools (Hubspot or Marketo).
- Experience in backlink building campaigns and tools such as BuzzStream, Pitchbox, HARO etc. is a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, strategy, business management, or similar.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Banyan Security is willing to pay at the time of this posting.
Location is San Francisco- $180,000 and $200,000 Base for Growth and Digital Marketing Director
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
- Competitive salary
- Stock Options
- Flexible PTO
- 100% Fully Funded Individual Healthcare Premiums
- Virtual happy hours and team building events, fun culture and exhilarating work environment