Staff Software Engineer, Full Stack
Staff Software Engineer, Full Stack
Bombas is a comfort focused premium basics brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Millions of pairs sold and donated later, Bombas has continued to innovate within its mission and product, introducing new socks, as well as underwear and t-shirts, the #2 and #3 most requested clothing items at homeless shelters, all while continuing to make a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
Click here to see what it's like to work inside the Bombas Hive!
The word Bombas is derived from the Latin word for bumblebees. Bees work together to make their hive a better place. At Bombas, we’re inspired by that. We know it’s the collective efforts of our team that keeps the Hive alive and strong - a team that is diverse and inclusive. Different perspectives strengthen our ability to make the most comfortable versions of the products people wear closest to their bodies every day and to serve the communities where we all work and live. We are committed to continuously building a Hive where all are welcomed, seen, and heard regardless of age, color, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, genetics, physical or mental ability, protected veteran, status, race, religion and sexual orientation. As a team, we will strive to create room for different experiences and empower all voices.
About the Job:
Bombas is seeking a seasoned Staff Software Engineer to lead the evolution of our Content Management System. Reporting directly to our Senior Engineering Manager, you'll enhance existing tools and empower internal stakeholders (e.g., content creators, marketing team) to work efficiently and deliver captivating user experiences on our website. Your expertise will be instrumental in modernizing our online presence and driving increased engagement.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading complex projects from initial scoping and definition to delivery
- Contributing high quality technical work, making sound technical decisions, and setting patterns for others to follow
- Serving as a resource and/or mentor to other senior engineers
- Recognizing the individual skills and expertise of other engineers and working alongside them to lift the work of their entire team.
- Recognizing urgency around business needs and delivery, while also upholding a high technical standard
What we’ll love about you:
- An ability to move quickly and an excitement to work in a collaborative and cross-functional team environment
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas clearly
- A team player who is willing and happy to help
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health, medical and dental benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings and company retreats.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly wellbeing reimbursement.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 8+ years of overall experience
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and drive.
- A familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Expert handle of system design principles and can speak to the needs of an application throughout all stages of its lifecycle
- Well-versed and knowledgeable in working with modern frontend technologies and tools (e.g., A11y-compliant HTML, Storybook JS, Sass, Foundational CSS, etc.)
- Demonstrable familiarity with dynamic or scripting languages. (e.g., TypeScript, Ruby, Go, etc.)
- Proficient in working with third-party APIs and have an expert-level grasp of REST architecture
- A familiarity with modern data systems: storage (e.g., Postgres, MySQL, Redis), streaming (e.g., Kafka)
- A familiarity with cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure) and observability platforms (e.g., Splunk, Datadog, etc.)
- Experience with the Serverless Framework, Datadog, Prisma, or GraphQL is a plus
Bombas is committed to delivering competitive and equitable pay for our employees.
Each component of the Bombas total rewards package, including benefits and pay, is aimed at contributing to an environment where team members have resources to manage their lives and are enabled to focus on doing their best work.
The pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $157,500 and $180,000/year. However, the base pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, market factors, and business need.
The Bombas total rewards package offered for this position may also include other elements, such as annual bonus and equity target award opportunities as well as medical, financial, and well-being benefits. Additional details of these benefits will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment.
If hired, the position is “at-will” and the Company reserves the right to modify any component, plan, or program of the total rewards package at any time, for any reason.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Manager, Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. Only requests related to accommodations will be responded to.