Merchandising Assistant (temp)
Bombas is a comfort focused premium basics brand with a mission to help those in need. The company launched in 2013, after the founders learned that socks are the #1 most requested clothing item at homeless shelters. From there, they set out to solve that problem, donating a pair of socks for every pair they sell. How do you donate a lot of socks? You sell a lot. And how do you sell a lot? You make the most comfortable socks in the history of feet. Millions of pairs sold and donated later, Bombas has continued to innovate within its mission and product, introducing new socks, as well as underwear and t-shirts, the #2 and #3 most requested clothing items at homeless shelters, all while continuing to make a positive impact on the community where we all work and live.
Click here to see what it's like to work inside the Bombas Hive!
The word Bombas is derived from the Latin word for bumblebees. Bees work together to make their hive a better place. At Bombas, we’re inspired by that. We know it’s the collective efforts of our team that keeps the Hive alive and strong - a team that is diverse and inclusive. Different perspectives strengthen our ability to make the most comfortable versions of the products people wear closest to their bodies every day and to serve the communities where we all work and live. We are committed to continuously building a Hive where all are welcomed, seen, and heard regardless of age, color, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, genetics, physical or mental ability, protected veteran, status, race, religion and sexual orientation. As a team, we will strive to create room for different experiences and empower all voices.
About the Job:
We are looking for a razor-sharp, team-player to join our Merchandise team as our Merchandising Assistant, reporting directly to our Senior Merchandising Manager. The ideal candidate has experience in retail merchandising or a similar role. As a Merchandising Assistant, you will work cross functionally with Design, Production, and Planning teams to drive the future direction of our growing business. This position will also coordinate with the eCommerce (Site Merch), Digital Product, Creative and Marketing teams to make sure the product comes to life across all touch points.
*Please Note: While this role has an initial assignment of approximately 12 months, this position also provides the potential to become permanent for interested candidates (dependent upon performance and business need; will be assessed following completion of initial assignment).
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Learning/navigating back-end systems to update, manage, and add products to our databases
- Work cross functionally with the Ecom (Site Merch) team to launch products, create product packs and merchandise the site accordingly
- Analyze and report out on weekly, monthly and quarterly selling for Underwear + T-Shirt categories
- Partner with our Sourcing and Operations teams to help track our product
- Partner with the Customer Happiness Team to share seasonal merchandise strategies set by the Merch team and product knowledge and to collect customer feedback
- Work closely with the Creative and Marketing teams to ensure that the assortment and product details are accurately positioned for customer-facing deliverables.
- Assist Manager in working with Design and Sourcing to develop the product assortment, merchandise point of view, wholesale strategies, and key item positioning, ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives to meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations for each season
- Understand competitive environment; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets and brands
What we’ll love about you:
- Detail oriented, organized ability to prioritize with demanding workload and adaptable with evolving priorities
- Excited to be on the front lines of a fast-paced and growing team in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment
- Analytical ability to synthesize data to understand business trends and provide forward-thinking insight.
- Creative and excited about working cross-functionally across various departments, fostering strong partnerships with other members of the cross-functional team (Design, Sourcing, Planning, Marketing) and brand counterparts.
- A team player who is willing and happy to help
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in our mission and understand the importance of giving-back
- Inquisitive, love to learn, embrace failure, and never give up
- Comfortable working in an open office environment while staying focused
What you’ll love about us:
- We are a team of smart, interesting, diverse, funny, and loving people.
- We offer competitive compensation, employer paid health, medical and dental benefits, 401k with match, paid parental leave, snacks, socks and a fun, relaxed office environment.
- We take the responsibility to make sure you are excited, happy, and find fulfillment in your work very seriously.
- We value fun. This is why we host office lunches, offsite team outings and company retreats.
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping those in need, which is why we volunteer as a team regularly.
- We believe success comes from the collective effort of all, which is why all full-time employees receive equity in the business.
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees. This includes unlimited vacation, sick days, and wellness days because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world.
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a $100 monthly wellbeing reimbursement.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience in retail buying and/or merchandising, preferred
- Excel proficient
- Strong product sensibility
Bombas is committed to delivering competitive and equitable pay for our employees.
Each component of the Bombas total rewards package, including benefits and pay, is aimed at contributing to an environment where team members have resources to manage their lives and are enabled to focus on doing their best work.
The pay range for this position at the start of employment is expected to be between $22.00 and $25.00/hour. However, the base pay offered may vary depending on multiple factors, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, market factors, and business need.
The Bombas total rewards package offered for this position may also include other elements, such as annual bonus and equity target award opportunities as well as medical, financial, and well-being benefits. Additional details of these benefits will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment.
If hired, the position is “at-will” and the Company reserves the right to modify any component, plan, or program of the total rewards package at any time, for any reason.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any employment testing, or otherwise participating in this hiring process, please direct your inquiries to our Manager, Talent Acquisition at email@example.com. Only requests related to accommodations will be responded to.