Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About Customer Success
The Customer Success team at ConsenSys is focused on exactly that: making our customers successful. We’re looking for people who will step towards a customer who is asking for help and respond with innovative and creative ideas to help them course-correct. If you value constructive customer engagement and want to define the future of Blockchain production operations, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a talented Data Engineer to join our Customer Success Business Operations Team. You will collaborate with our company’s Data Engineering Team to implement a comprehensive data management program. Your role will involve consolidating data generated across Customer Success and presenting it to decision makers company-wide. As the sole data engineer responsible for Customer Success data, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and evolving our data program while aligning with our firm wide data strategy.
- Design, implement, and maintain scalable and efficient data pipelines and workflows to support the collection, storage, and processing of large volumes of data from various sources within Customer Success.
- Collaborate with our company’s Data Engineering Teams in addition to other Customer Success teams, to define data requirements, identify sources, and ensure quality and integrity.
- Develop and maintain data infrastructure and systems, including data warehouses, data lakes, ETL processes, and data modeling frameworks.
- Perform data cleaning, transformation, and enrichment to prepare raw data for analysis and reporting.
- Optimize data processing and storage for performance and scalability, implementing best practices for data management and data security.
- Identify and resolve data-related issues, troubleshoot system failures, and provide timely support to internal stakeholders.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies in data engineering, and proactively identify opportunities to improve our data infrastructure and processes.
Would be great if you brought this to the role:
- Ownership of Customer Success data collection, storage, management, quality, and protection.
- Extensive experience with data integration and ETL processes
- Familiarity with data modeling, schema design, and data governance practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills within cross-functional teams.
- Experience in governance, advising on, monitoring, and governing enterprise data.
- Operations expertise in enabling data usability, availability, and efficiency.
- Analytics support for reporting on products, customers, operations, and markets.
- Growth mindset with a willingness to continuously learn and adapt to evolving technology.
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of work experience in an enterprise engineering domain.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and sharp attention to detail.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for shipping high-quality code and helping peers do the same.
- Relevant knowledge of cloud security and data security.
- Understanding of web development practices and terminology.
- Proactiveness and be self-driven to be successful working in a remote environment.
- A belief in our mission and values.
- Proficient in Python programming and well versed with popular frameworks like Pandas, Flask, Airflow, Apache Beam etc.
- Experience interacting with APIs via code
- Experience with any one cloud technologies i.e GCP, AWS or Azure.
- Hands on experience with Cloud function, Big Query, DataFlow, Cloud Run, Airflow etc.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Strong skills with writing SQL.
- Blockchain expertise.
- Natural Language Processing experience.
- You’re a MetaMask user!
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD113,000 - $239,000
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.