Senior Frontend Engineer I (Vancouver)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 11, 2023
“Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it.” - Sir Henry Royce
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join us at Dapper Studios as we build a bridge between blockchain and gaming. Our most notable projects, NBA Top Shot and NFL All Day, are blockchain-powered digital collectible web experiences built on cutting-edge tech. With our recent explosive growth, we're looking for someone who has a growth and outcome-oriented mindset to push our codebase forward as we balance our need to scale and optimize with shipping new and exciting features, sports and other projects. We're releasing at a high cadence to an eager, excited, and global user-base while defining a new space in blockchain and entertainment.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Build the next evolution of fandom, enabling sports fans a new way to engage with their favorite sports and teams.
- Enhance the software development lifecycle to enable rapid learning including, ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features and tech debt.
- Craft every interaction with our product to be a polished, memorable and engaging experience.
- Put our users first and ship impactful features.
- Identify areas in our technical stack to improve, prioritize rollout with the team and contribute to the implementation.
A little about you:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Track record of delivering the implementation of complex consumer-facing distributed systems built forscale.
- Experience working with React, Typescript, Next.js, GraphQL, Styled-components, WebGL, and Flow.
- Has the courage to try out new tools, fail fast, and dive into unknowns to solve new and challenging problems.
- Influence key technical decisions in organizations, driving innovation and accomplishing the organizations key goals. Provide technical mentorship to grow engineers on the team and consistently raise the bars
- $132,000 - $167,000 CAD base salary + stock options
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to make web3 experiences easy, safe and fun.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves.
Dapper Labs is the makers of the Dapper Platform - the trusted gateway to digital worlds - and the officially-licensed digital video collectibles including NBA Top Shot, NFL All Day, UFC Strike and LaLiga Golazos.
Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL and NFLPA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.