Senior Manager, Customer Marketing
DataGrail is the Privacy Control Center modern brands rely on to build customer trust and outsmart business risk. Backed by 2,000+ pre-built integrations, DataGrail automates privacy workflows and supports compliance with regulations like GDPR and CPRA. DataGrail is recognized as a G2 leader and services millions of consumers through customers like Salesforce, Amazon, Overstock, Instacart, and New Balance.
As the Senior Manager, Customer Marketing at DataGrail, you will report to the Senior Director, Product and Brand Marketing and play a pivotal role in shaping and executing our customer-centric marketing strategy. You will be responsible for designing and implementing programs that strengthen customer relationships, enhance retention, and drive advocacy, all while delivering outstanding value to our customers. This includes building and executing strategies for customer campaigns, references, advocacy, advisory boards, and our DataGrail Community, This role will have one direct report.
The Skill Set
- Build and lead the Customer Marketing function and team to deliver successful customer-focused campaigns and advocacy programs using your deep understanding of customer behavior, needs, and expectations.
- Plan Customer Advisory Boards that engages our executive customers and helps to inform DataGrail's strategic roadmap and positioning.
- Collaborate effectively with Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing teams to achieve upsell and retention goals.
- Deliver on complex projects in a highly cross-functional SaaS environment.
- Leverage your proficiency in marketing automation tools and customer relationship management (CRM) systems to make informed data-driven decisions.
- Data-driven and results-oriented with a customer-first mindset.
Within 90 Days, You’ll
- Become knowledgeable about the data privacy industry (key terms, regulations players, trends, etc).
- Establish relationships with Product, Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing stakeholders.
- Get to know 3-5 DataGrail customers very well.
- Deep dive into the company's target audience, existing customer personas, and market positioning.
- Review of current marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Understand DataGrails’ positioning, mission, value proposition, and differentiation.
- Review our customer NPS and product feedback.
- Build the strategy and plan for customer marketing at DataGrail.
Within 180 Days, You’ll
- Identify, analyze, and segment our customer base to create tailored marketing strategies and initiatives for different customer personas.
- Build and maintain advocacy programs to mobilize happy customers as brand advocates, fostering word-of-mouth, referrals, and reviews.
- Develop comprehensive customer journey maps to gain insights into our customers' experiences, ensuring a seamless and delightful interaction at every touchpoint.
Within 365 Days, You’ll
- Oversee the creation of customer-centric content that educates, entertains, and adds value to our customers' lives.
- Collaborate with customer teams to create and execute retention strategies that reduce churn and increase customer lifetime value, including loyalty programs, Community, awards, events, and personalized communication plans.
- Work with sales, customer teams, and product marketing to develop and implement strategies for cross-selling and upselling products to existing customers.
- Utilize customer data and analytics to inform decision-making, measure the success of initiatives, and continuously optimize strategies for better results.
With the core belief that trust builds transparency, at DataGrail, we provide a privacy platform that empowers people to have more control over their privacy and identity. Our platform eliminates complicated, manual, and time-consuming processes associated with emerging privacy laws. We find and untangle the terabytes of data companies have, make sense of it, and organize it into an easy-to-use privacy program.
We live by our company values every day at DataGrail: Bias for Action, Be Human, Love Our Customers, and Win as a Team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation package + equity
- Work from anywhere - every employee has the choice to select their ideal work environment
- Feel relaxed with unlimited paid-time-off (+2 weeks mandatory!)
- Treat yourself with 8 scheduled “DataGrail Days” a year for personal wellness
- Stay healthy - full healthcare coverage, including dental, and vision
- Save for the future with our 401(k) plan
- Work smarter with monthly hardware and remote office stipends and an UberEats meal program
- All of this and much, much more
DataGrail provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.