Senior Account Executive
At Enigma, we believe that the future of the small business economy runs on data. Enigma provides the most comprehensive data about the identity and financial health of nearly every small business in the country. Our customers - fintech, vertical SaaS and lenders - use our unique product to make smarter decisions and to better serve their small business customers.
As a Senior Account Executive, you will join the growing sales team at Enigma and report to the CRO. You will develop relationships with prospective customers to deeply understand their businesses, and advise them on how they can utilize Enigma’s data to improve their offerings. You will collaborate internally with Enigma’s Solution Engineering, Product, Marketing and Engineering teams to help drive our GTM strategy and Product roadmap. You will work with the BDR team to source new prospective customers, but also be committed to sourcing pipeline yourself through direct outreach, attending industry events and leveraging your professional network.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Acquire new business from target client segments including: SMB-focused marketplaces/vertical SaaS, PoS and payment processors, BNPL/Consumer Financing
- Source deals with outbound-focused sales strategies
- Thrive in a startup environment, as demonstrated by past experiences
- Become an expert on the product, use cases and industry
- Power a strong feedback loop to inform our product and marketing roadmaps
- Attend industry conferences and host roundtables with prospects, thought leaders and ecosystem partners
- Adhere to best practices in Salesforce data management
What makes this job interesting?
- Product: Enigma’s product is powered by highly differentiated, sought after data covering 40% of all US card transactions
- Timing: You will be joining Enigma at a time of rapid innovation in the GTM organization
- People: The GTM team is highly collaborative (and fun) and the company embodies a people-first culture
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have the technical aptitude to master complex, data-centric concepts
- Be energized by sourcing leads independently of BDR
- Bring product acumen and industry acumen - either come in with it or learn it quickly
- Possess polished, concise communication and presentation abilities
- Have ability to build rapport and trust with clients and internal stakeholders
- Be able to drive effective discovery to understand customer needs and communicate them cross-functionally
- Have 4+ years of sales experience at a software or data company
- Have 6-8+ years of professional experience
Bonus points if you:
- Have prior experience within the Fintech ecosystem
- Are located in the Greater NYC area and can spend a few days a month in the NYC office
At Enigma, we’re building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public and third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow and thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with and support one another on a daily basis. We’re a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills, but we’re all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data—together. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Salary Range: $140,000-175,000 + commissions
A note on salary ranges: we pride ourselves on paying competitively for our size and industry. Salary is one piece of a total Enigma compensation package that includes additional benefits and opportunities. All of our compensation packages include equity because we believe 100% of Enigma employees should have the option to purchase ownership in the company and benefit from the value we’re creating together.