Paid Media Director
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Paid Media team is responsible for delivering incremental players, revenue, and engagement through paid media as well as working across Epic to guide the optimization of earned and owned acquisition channels.
What You'll Do
As a Paid Media Director, you will lead a team of Senior Media Managers who own media strategy for all of Epic’s first party products. The ideal candidate knows the advertising ecosystem deeply, loves driving game metrics, and is also a proven team leader who will elevate and guide the careers of an existing high-performing team. You will work across marketing, creative, analytics, and product to drive growth and engagement through paid channels.
In this role, you will
- Ensure efficient execution of Epic’s Paid Media strategy across all first party titles and products
- Communicate regularly with executives on plans and performance across acquisition channels
- Oversee and improve processes across an existing high-performing paid media team
- Identify new areas of opportunity for increased user acquisition and engagement across the ecosystem; develop and partner with cross functional teams across the organization to implement strategies, features and functionality
- Work with engineers and analysts to continually iterate on in-house systems for reporting and programmatic optimization
- Strengthen relationships with advertising partners and platforms
What we're looking for
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in digital media with a proven track record within the games industry across PC, console, and mobile verticals
- Experience building teams and leading direct reports to successful growth/development
- Someone who understands the full funnel of player engagement from how to conduct efficient player acquisition to which gameplay functions are most likely to retain
- Polished and skilled presenter who will be ready to deliver information to executive leadership on day 1
- Experience running global campaigns at large scale, including insights and optimization based on different channels, countries, and cultures
- Have pioneered new products and optimization methods with ad partners
- Experience designing, running, and reporting creative tests
- Expert in Excel and Tableau; SQL (across large datasets) a bonus
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.