Computer Vision Engineer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
TRUST AND SAFETY
What We Do
The Epic Trust and Safety team provides a safer experience for Epic users. We work across multiple products and services to improve technology and craft transparent policies so our players and users can have positive experiences on our platforms.
What You'll Do
You will work with our team of engineers at the intersection of vision, language and machine learning to create state-of-the-art models for content moderation. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and deployment of production-ready computer vision models that are able to detect content violations in both real-time and offline modes, and for different types of data: images, videos and 3D models, as well as the combination of these and other types of data (e.g. text) via multimodal algorithms.
In this role, you will
- Create and deliver production-ready, scalable and high-quality deep-learning models and associated algorithms for computer vision problems.
- Critically assess the effectiveness of such models and make recommendations for the ongoing roadmap.
- Methodically understand and assess the effectiveness of new data channels and support collection/creation of new ones.
What we're looking for
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or 3+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience creating innovative algorithms for problems in Computer Vision and deploying them as production-level systems in industrial environments.
- Expert, hands-on knowledge of:
- Deep learning techniques for supervised, semi-supervised and unsupervised learning
- Python and associated ML tools/frameworks (numpy, scipy, sklearn, pytorch)
- Experience with working collaboratively with other developers, following a flexible/agile/lean approach.
- Experience with architecting, scaling, securing and operating ML systems in the cloud (ideally AWS) at medium to large scale. Experience with 3D Vision/Graphics or video processing are a plus.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.