Audio Gameplay Programmer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a programmer passionate about audio for the Audio Gameplay Engineering team, which operates across all of Epic's first party products, including Unreal Engine, Fortnite, Rocket League, special demos, and more. You will play a critical role in developing audio focused gameplay features in close collaboration with the Unreal Engine Audio team, Audio Content Designers, and Technical Audio Designers for use in any Epic Unreal product.
In this role, you will
- Design and implement new Audio Gameplay Systems for use in Epic's products
- Design, guide, and advocate for common technical solutions, with an eye for what could be core engine audio tech or systems to support gameplay audio features in multiple products
- Collaborate with product owners, technical audio designers, gameplay programmers, and audio engine programmers across multiple products to identify, design, and develop systems which meet the needs of content creators and players
- Work with audio content teams to track down and resolve gameplay-related bugs and performance issues
What we're looking for
- Strong programming skills with C++ and knowledge of Unreal Engine's pipelines and framework
- Familiarity or understanding of game engines, gameplay programming concepts, audio, and audio content creation.
- Well versed in software engineering principles
- Experience developing in a large codebase is a plus
- Experience writing tools that accelerate development is a plus
- Familiarity with multiple platforms and / or game engines is a plus
This role is open to multiple locations across North America (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.