Senior Level Designer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for a Senior Level Designer to join our Design team working on projects under the Fortnite IP. In this role, you'll utilize your experience, knowledge of design tools, and sense of scale to push the visual quality of the game and delight players with fresh experiences. Level Designers at Epic are a part of a cross-discipline content team working to develop great looking levels which expand the Fortnite universe.
In this role, you will
- Creating buildings, natural landmarks, and POIs for Fortnite using modular kits to design visually appealing and fun locations that follow gameplay rules.
- Focusing on building competitive and compelling gameplay spaces.
- Using content to tell stories, pushing the ambient storytelling in the world.
- Using your experience and tools to make the worlds come alive.
- Help drive the vision of in game locations from planning all the way to ship.
- Working effectively in a collaborative environment, providing input and regular feedback.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years working in Level Design.
- Experience using a level editor (UE4, or similar).
- Direct involvement with prop placement, lighting, mood/atmosphere and design markup.
- Experience working closely and communicating with artists.
- Demonstrated ability to improvise and creatively solve problems.
- Experience designing and building multiplayer levels, ideally Battle Royale style play spaces.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.