Accounting Manager - Pakistan
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
What We Do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What You'll Do
You will partner with existing members of the International Finance team to integrate Epic’s upcoming development studio in Islamabad, Pakistan. You will define and build robust financial reporting processes to enable the complete and accurate financial reporting to the International and US Controllership groups.
The International Controllership team is responsible for maintaining and driving controllership rigor and discipline and ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance internationally. Based in Islamabad, Pakistan, the role will report into Epic’s Asia-Pacific Controller, based in Singapore, and will work closely with senior leadership within the wider Epic Group, such as Corporate Tax, US Controllership, FP&A, HR and Legal.
In this role, you will
- Oversee Pakistan subsidiary month-end closing processes, meeting Corporate and local reporting timelines including Pakistan Financial Reporting Standards, IFRS, and US GAAP.
- Design, implement and operate key business process controls to ensure the company has an effective and scalable internal controls framework as a private company.
- Partner with the existing Pakistan development studio leadership team, operations and accounting staff to ensure that there is a strong holistic view of accounting and finances, and that finances are managed, controlled and presented in a way that is representative of business operations.
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure that entity’s newly set up ERP (Workday) customization complies with local rules and regulations, and support onboarding/ change management to associated front-end processes.
- Perform monthly reviews of the balance sheet and income statement of the entity for the Pakistan Studio with International Controllership.
- Assisting with the monthly accounting for a legacy legal entity using Quickbooks and ensuring the monthly invoicing is inline with the MSA.
- Ownership of the year end reporting for two entities ensuring statutory account preparation and working with the auditors to ensure adherence to filing deadlines.
- Working with the Epic Tax Team to ensure tax compliance is maintained for FTR (final tax regime) and WHTs.
- Ensuring Pakistan territory specific regulatory compliance from a finance and tax perspective.
What we're looking for
- Fluent in both English and Pakistan local language. (Required) Any other languages are a benefit.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, or related field; Preference for chartered Accountancy qualification or equivalent.
- 9+ years financial accounting experience, preferably within both an International and Pakistan business and accounting environment. A public accounting background in a Big 4 firm will be a plus.
- Solid knowledge of both IFRS and Pakistan Financial Reporting Standards, including a deep knowledge and understanding of Pakistan's tax and legal financial reporting obligations. Knowledge of US GAAP would be an added skill set but not required.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel (complex formula, VBA, macros and pivot tables) and proficient with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of working in different ERP systems and system migrations.
- Someone who is hands-on, willing to roll up sleeves, user-focused, organized, adaptable, passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.