WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
FINANCE & ACCOUNTING
What We Do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What You'll Do
As a key senior member of the International Finance team, the International Controller is responsible for global accounting functions including month end close, annual statutory audits and VAT for subsidiaries in 15+ countries through South America, EMEA and South Asia. The role will be integral in onboarding new countries through M&A or organic growth. This role will also partner with tax on annual tax returns and Shares Services for payroll, AP and AR.
In this role, you will
- In partnership with the Senior Director, International Finance, provide overall finance and accounting direction and guidance to the region to ensure overall alignment and delivery of global financial objectives.
- Provide strategic direction to the development and deployment of financial and reporting processes that ensure compliance with IFRS and international rules and regulations for statutory requirements.
- Assist with the monthly close process reviewing reconciliations and journal entries for purchase accounting and normal monthly accounting entries to ensure monthly close objectives are achieved.
- Serve as a key leader in M&A discussions by understanding and communicating the accounting implications of proposed transactions. Once the deal concludes, involvement in the integration of the deal into Epic systems and processes.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP financial reporting for consolidated reporting providing assistance with the consolidated audit.
- Work with the Senior Director to identify and resolve technical accounting matters that arise in due course.
- Ensure that local financial processes and procedures at a region / cluster / country level are operating effectively to enable accurate and timely reporting of financial results and maintenance of adequate internal controls in accordance with Epic Games' financial policies and procedures.
- Drive the annual plan and periodic forecast processes, ensuring that deliverables are predictive of future results. Keep financial and operational management appraised of current business trends relative to plan and forecast. Formulate recommendations for course correction as required.
- Foster a culture of strong financial discipline and business integrity. Promote a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement. Identify and drive process improvement initiatives to successful completion.
- Working with the Senior Director, International Finance, to build the International Finance Team, mentor and grow the existing team to operate as a strong International Finance Team who partner with the business and the US Finance Team.
What we’re looking for
- Fluent in English and other international languages preferable; Culturally agile and ability to work in multiple regions
- 10+ years financial accounting experience, including team management experience, preferably within both an US and International business and accounting environment.
- Good knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and UK GAAP, including a deep knowledge and understanding of UK tax and legal financial reporting obligations.
- Proven track record of success facilitating organizational change and development within a growing organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, or related field.
- Chartered Accountancy qualification or equivalent (preferred but not required).
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.