WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character, and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for experienced Animators to join our team working on Fortnite. A successful candidate should have a solid understanding of the animation fundamentals and how they relate to game animation and the ability to implement animations in the Unreal 4 editor using our animation blueprint system.
In this role, you will
- Create character-specific animations such as dances and emotes as well as gameplay animations in Maya using our ART tools set
- Take animation from initial concept through to implementation in Unreal Engine 4 using our animation blueprint system
- Work with the team to help maintain the style and feel of Fortnite’s animation
What we're looking for
- An animation reel showing keyframed character and creature animations
- Proficiency in animation software Maya
- Good instincts for realistic and stylized motions
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine 4 art pipeline
- Related skills, such as modeling, skinning, rigging
- Experience working with mocap data
- Demonstrate a strong ability to comprehend and align with the animation direction of Fortnite
- Assist in refining and polishing animations to achieve high quality and visual appeal
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.