WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We enable Epic’s online services teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class tools and platforms to improve the experience of our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to build, operate, and scale their applications. We operate at massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Database Administrator to join our Online Infrastructure Team who will own and manage database systems across Epic and work closely with our internal development teams. Our online team builds services that help power all of our online games such as matchmaking, profile storage, dedicated game servers and more. This role will help this team with items around operational excellence such as observability and performance at scale.
In this role, you will
- Become a subject matter expert on one or more of our database platforms at Epic Games
- Understand the performance and scaling of our databases across multiple microservices
- Design and build operational infrastructure to support our databases, automating where possible
- Provide troubleshooting and timely resolution of database issues
- Participate in 24x7 on-call incident escalation rotations
- Provide advice to development teams on data patterns and usage
What we're looking for
- Production experience administering MongoDB in a sharded environment
- Experience with other database technologies such as DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL, FoundationDB, ClickhouseDB, etc
- Proven experience with Linux, and cloud computing technologies such as AWS, or other cloud computing environment
- Experience with Terraform and Ansible or other IaC technologies
- History working directly with development teams
- Familiarity with data warehousing technologies such as Snowflake, Spark, Hive, etc
- Working at scale
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NY, & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.