Senior Financial Analyst, Commercial Finance & Investor Relations
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Commercial Finance & Investor Relations team is responsible for supporting and developing relationships with key brand, platform, and capital markets partners. We work with business leaders across the organization to assess short-term and long-term financial opportunities, as well as providing effective communication of Epic’s strategy, financial results and operations to the investor community. We help determine business targets to meet Epic’s objectives and put in place systems to measure and report on performance. Additionally, we also drive better understanding of Epic’s positioning and emerging trends for our management team by analyzing financial research/information about Epic, its peers and the industry.
What You'll Do
You will help prioritize initiatives and roadmap plans, evaluate financial and strategic return on investment, establish priorities across the Company’s portfolio of opportunities, help plan resourcing, monitor KPIs to benchmarks, and distill complex financial concepts to business leaders and shareholders. You will align the financial and business goals across the organization and provide visibility as well as transparency on financial performance, KPIs, and operating metrics.
In this role, you will
- Support key brand and platform partnership initiatives across the organization
- Articulate Epic’s vision in a way that is strategically aligned with leadership
- Determine the KPIs that best measure the success of the business units and its key initiatives
- Build financial models underpinned by these KPIs to assess the opportunity and profitability of key business initiatives being planned as part of business unit and company strategy and partner with business leaders to identify and measure performance against short and long-term strategic, financial, and operating targets
- Provide visibility on partnerships performance through continuous and insightful reporting, including key drivers of change in the financial forecast
- Communicate regularly with finance and business leaders to provide financial insights and direction
- Manage relationships with research analysts and investors to communicate company strategy and position the business for long term growth.
- Work on drafting and defining company narrative for earnings and external disclosures.
- Provide insights to executive team regarding investor feedback, perceptions and opinions, competitive intelligence
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of strategic finance, investment banking, private equity and/or MBB management consulting experience
- Experience collaborating with business unit leaders and driving forecasting, initiative planning and execution
- Experience in technology; prior understanding of gaming, entertainment, and/or software highly desired
- Strong analytical skills with extensive valuation/financial modeling experience and working with large data sets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence across the organization
- Ability to distill complex data and analyses into insights that drive action
- Ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to operate in a fast-changing environment with a bias for action and ownership mindset
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.