WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Lighting Artist to create marketing images. The person in this role will incorporate a passion for games with their technical and artistic abilities to create engaging and exciting media. If you are someone who loves games and is familiar with artistic concepts such as composition, posing, and lighting then we’d like to talk with you!
In this role, you will
- Work closely with a team to compose still images in Unreal Engine 5 that show off key features, awesome characters, impressive visuals, or specific moments within a game through simple narrative
- Light still scenes at a cinematic level to convey a mood and push a narrative
- Contribute in other aspects of the image creation such as posing characters, set dressing a scene, creating or modifying materials and FX systems, and/or overall image composition to convey simple narratives and show off cosmetics
- Come up with concepts for marketing images that will show off upcoming skins, limited time modes, or additional game features coming to the game
What we're looking for
- Strong grasp on concepts of composition, cinematography, color, and lighting in visual media
- Background in studio or production lighting
- Background in artistic mediums such as photography, painting, or illustration
- Experience with Lighting in Unreal Engine 5
- Passion for games and creating video content
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Able to work independently and own a project from start to completion
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.