Senior Backend Programmer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
PROGRAMMING - EPIC GAMES SERVICES
What We Do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 5. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic’s own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What You'll Do
We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Programmer to join our Ecommerce team. In this role at Epic, you'll be at the center of services that power our customer Ecommerce related experiences for all products around the globe. You'll work closely with our teams to build and support systems that deliver good user experience, high performance and secure, reliable functionalities. From design, implementation, and deployment you'll be able to shape the services and features that drive the future of our products. We're looking for a skilled, dependable, innovator who plays well with others and enjoys finding creative solutions.
In this role, you will
- Define, deliver, and continuously improve SLAs for online services environment - system health and monitoring, reporting and response, and on call resolution
- Maintain code quality internally and from outsourced partners
- Communicate technical risks within and across the group
- Handle various real-time issues on online services and platform
- Provide input into the product road map, including milestone schedules and deliverables
- Follow industry trends and maintain a strong interest in cutting edge technology
- Be responsible for the successful delivery of various projects and products end to end
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of experience in building online service or web systems
- Deep knowledge of the object-oriented language (Java required), design and design patterns
- Deep knowledge of restful API design and implementation
- Deep knowledge of database systems both relational and NoSQL database
- Experience of utilizing cache, messaging, async processing, etc. in online services
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services
- Experience with Unix flavored O/S
- Experience in building ECommerce / Publishing system is a plus
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits for both employees and dependents and offer coverage for supplemental medical, dental, vision, critical illness, telemedicine, Life and AD&D, long term disability insurance as well as weekly indemnity (short term disability) and a retirement savings plan with a competitive employer match. In addition to the EAP (employee assistance program), we also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.