Senior Software Tester
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Senior Software Tester to join the Epic QA team. You’ll love this role if you’re an innovative problem-solver who loves to ask the tough questions or solution designer who wants to make sure software maintains a high quality standard; you should be willing and excited to constantly push your own limits and continue learning.
In this role, you will
- Execute test cases with attention to detail to help ensure the quality of the product
- Create and maintain detailed test cases based on predefined test scenarios
- Thoroughly investigate and analyze issues to find root causes as well as communicate issues and escalate if needed by understanding the bigger picture
- Provide comprehensive reporting on blocking issues, testing results, and quality status to the development team, and facilitate discussion around corresponding risk areas
- Write clear and concise steps to reproduce issues in a bug report
- Apply familiarity with features to uncover issues and inefficiencies
What we're looking for
- Technical software or troubleshooting skills (degree in Computer Science or equivalent, self-taught, or relevant experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Consoles, Mobile Devices, browser-based web tools, and/or VR hardware
- Experience testing software within a structured QA team
- Experience logging defects in bug tracking systems such as Jira
- Exposure to the software development life cycle and how testing applies
- Familiarity or prior use of Game Engines such as Unreal, Unity, etc. is a plus but not required
- Any degree of scripting or knowledge of programming skills like Python or C++ is a bonus
- Employees will be required to be within commutable distance to the assigned office or studio as regular in-person attendance is an essential function of this position
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.