Senior Rendering Programmer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Senior Rendering Programmer to help build the core technology for a new game in the Epic ecosystem.
Using the tools and pipelines of Unreal Engine, you’ll work on all aspects of the rendering technology behind a cutting-edge game experience. Most importantly you’ll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to bring a brand new game experience to players around the world!
In this role, you will
- Design and implement new rendering features for the game, and the Unreal Engine itself.
- Analyze and optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems.
- Responsible for tools that go along with features; ensure they are usable and appropriate for artists, games, and the engine.
- Be forward thinking to keep up to date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc.
What we're looking for
- Strong C++ knowledge and multi-threaded programming techniques; ability to code and architect various core engine systems.
- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures.
- Demonstrated performance, graphics debugging, and memory optimization skills.
- Knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages.
- Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment with excellent communication skills. You should be able to communicate and explain trade-offs with non-engineers!
- Fearless attitude to making deep and profound changes to an existing engine to provide paradigm shifting improvements that change the world.
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power. Unreal Engine a plus.
This role is open to multiple locations across North America & Europe (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.