Senior QA Analyst
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
The Online Social Ecosystem team is looking for a Senior QA Analyst, who will be a single threaded Quality owner for feature projects. You will work closely with our Engineering and Production teams to drive long term test execution and evolution with the ecosystem. Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about technical testing while investigating concerning areas, has the creativity to modify the establishing testing process, and the backbone to pressure their leaders to change focus. Although game testing experience is beneficial, we are a platform team who maintains integrations with all games who use Epic Online Services, therefore game testing experience is not required.
In this role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features/releases
- Coordinate test efforts between geographically distributed teams, vendors and agencies to deliver the highest quality product
- Build test strategies and test plans to cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Understand and factor planning around functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across your product to analyze the quality of said product
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues to be a single threaded owner responsible for the quality lifecycle of features within your product space
- Track and Report on quality data, and utilize that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast paced environment
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies utilized with iterative development
- Experience in functional and usability testing utilizing cross-platform or cross-browser testing
- Detailed oriented with the ability to self prioritize requests
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven expertise in creating end-to-end test plans of a feature, identifying gaps in test coverage and root cause analysis
- Knowledge in one or more of these areas:
- Backend services and API testing
- Agile/Reactive test strategies
- UI Automation frameworks
- Technical writing or ability to explain topics to multiple disciplines
This role is open to multiple locations (including WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.