Senior Systems Designer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Technical Designer to join our team working on Fortnite experiences. In this role, you’ll work with the team to execute on the intended gameplay to delight and engage players. Technical Designers at Epic are a part of a cross-discipline development team that keep a critical eye over the implementation of features and content which expand the Fortnite universe.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate with senior leadership and team members from various disciplines to execute on the intended gameplay of Fortnite experiences
- Uphold Epic’s design and gameplay quality bar
- Utilizing systems, tools and process design, ensure a good end-user experience while producing quality documentation
- Create, contribute to, and supervise a set of clear, structured content tracking sheets
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to guide features to final implementation, providing feedback and design input throughout the process
- Keep a critical eye on quality for both the implementation of in-game content, as well as that of our internal tickets and trackers
What we're looking for
- Advanced level of game design experience with an emphasis in systems design, game creation tools and user experience
- Demonstrable proficiency in written communication and a track record of effectively conveying your design through documentation
- Solution-oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with experience guiding collaboration across diverse disciplines
- Ability to work well with other departments
- Professional experience working with game engines would be ideal
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.