Appeals & Escalations Program Manager
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
TRUST AND SAFETY
What We Do
The Epic Trust and Safety team provides a safer experience for Epic users. We work across multiple products and services to improve technology and craft transparent policies so our players and users can have positive experiences on our platforms.
What You'll Do
We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Appeals and Escalation Manager to join our dynamic Trust and Safety organization. This role is pivotal in ensuring the swift and effective resolution of sensitive, nuanced, and high-priority escalations originating from both internal and external stakeholders. Cases include policy enforcement, content moderation, and sometimes sensitive and/or offensive content. The Appeals and Escalation Manager will lead a team and establish robust systems to handle complex cases, foster cross-functional collaboration with product teams, and contribute to long-term strategic initiatives aimed at addressing systemic issues within our platform.
In this role, you will
- Escalations Management Oversee and manage the end-to-end process for handling escalated cases related to policy enforcement and content moderation, ensuring that critical incidents are addressed promptly, professionally, and with the utmost sensitivity. Prioritize and allocate resources to address high-priority cases, while maintaining consistent communication with all relevant stakeholders.
- Team Leadership Build, direct, and support a team of Appeals and Escalation Agents in the existing vendor network. Foster a collaborative and supportive work environment that values open communication and knowledge sharing. As needed, grow and lead a team of global agents who will handle escalations.
- Cross Functional Collaboration Collaborate closely with Trust and Safety, Player Experience, Legal, Product, and Engineering teams to gather insights, input, and expertise in resolving complex cases. Facilitate regular cross-functional meetings to drive alignment and share best practices. Become a trusted partner for other orgs and become a go to resource. Communicate effectively, tailoring style, tone, and nuance based on audience.
- Strategic Leadership Define and build accountability on key performance metrics. Analyze escalated cases to identify patterns, root causes, and systemic issues. Develop and implement strategic remediation plans to address underlying problems and prevent future escalations and mitigate network risk. Collaborate with relevant teams to integrate lessons learned into product development, policies, and processes.
- Continuous Improvement Utilize data-driven insights to track and report on escalation trends, resolution times, and impact. Create comprehensive reports and presentations for executive leadership to drive strategic growth. Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in trust and safety. Lead the adoption of new tools and methodologies that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the escalation management process.
What we're looking for
- Proven experience (7+ years) in trust and safety, customer support, or a related field, with a focus on managing sensitive escalations and complex cases
- Proven experience (4+ years) in strategic leadership including senior individual contributor roles, leading medium to large operations organizations, program or product management, or in Trust and Safety or Operations consulting.
- Previous experience in online safety and content moderation practices, including policy enforcement and policy consultation.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities, especially in high-pressure situations, with composure and flexibility.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders, including external partners in law enforcement, non-profits, and governmental organizations.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to extract insights from data and drive data-informed decisions. Working SQL knowledge a plus.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and driving alignment on strategic initiatives.
- Familiarity with case management tools and technology, data analysis, and reporting.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity, discretion, and professionalism.
- Previous customer service frontline a plus.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.