Senior Legal Data Analyst
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Our Data & Analytics teams build powerful stories and visuals that inform the games we make, the technology we develop, and business decisions that drive Epic.
What You'll Do
As our Senior Legal Data Analyst, you will work directly with our in-house and external legal teams to provide the information needed to support ongoing legal matters. You'll work in a cross-functional team environment to understand legal requests, explain the data available across many sources including how it was generated and collect data at the direction of legal. This role spans many responsibilities including finding, verifying, organizing, and delivering the data that is critical to our legal workstreams.
In this role, you will
- Find, verify, organize, and deliver data to support the needs of litigation and compliance teams
- Work with analytics, finance, engineering, and platform partners to source domain-specific technical knowledge and data, develop an understanding of business processes, and document data lineage
- Develop and/or maintain high standards of verbal and written communication competencies to advise internal and external legal teams on the complexities of our data
- Analyze and troubleshoot data problems to ensure the highest standards of accuracy
- Collaborate across the business to proactively identify changes in data needs and/or new data requirements arising as a result of legal requests
What we're looking for
- Hands-on experience in analytics and/or data management
- Experience partnering with non-technical stakeholders (legal or government settings strongly preferred)
- Comfortable translating non-technical requirements into data queries and explaining technical nuances to non-technical stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have hands-on experience and proficiency with SQL and other database technologies (e.g. Snowflake, Databricks, etc.)
- Comfortable working with complex data sets, systems, and processes
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic that can work both independently with limited supervision, as well as in a team environment
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.