Art Producer - IP Cosmetics
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Whether it’s driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic’s production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
What You'll Do
We are looking for Producers to join us on the Fortnite art production team. In this position you will be responsible for supporting other art producers and handling and organizing general production processes for the overall cosmetic schedule. Our team of producers focuses on 2D concept, 3D character and hard surface modeling and texturing, rigging, animation, VFX, and tech art. We are looking for individuals who excel in organization, have exceptional communication abilities, and who are comfortable managing schedules of complex projects. The ideal candidates are passionate about working in games, have a strong understanding of dependency driven production methodologies, a firm understanding of a 3D art creation pipeline, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
In this role, you will
- Own the Schedule - Partner with multiple art discipline producers/leads/directors to successfully deliver third-party IP Cosmetic content. Help scope and schedule the desired work for the team. Build and maintain dependency driven asset schedules to ensure successful, on time, release of content, to the Epic Art Quality bar
- Center of Communication - Facilitate constant communication with the art production team, as well as cross department production teams (IP production and partnership), providing transparency on asset status, risks, and opportunities. Ensure stakeholders have proper visibility into development and are informed of any changes that may impact their teams
- Proactively Seek Resolution - Strong ability to identify problems, and propose solutions, for your team BEFORE they become roadblocks. Keeping a finger on the pulse of dependency deliverables, tech initiatives, and the project's high level needs. Own the outcome of your area, and never wait to see if someone else will clear your path
- Flexible Multitasker - Ability to handle multiple large production needs within your department or across small strike teams. Understanding how to identify and break down prioritizations, and keeping up strong communication via multiple outlets; IE email, slack, meetings, and development roadmaps
- Drive Improvement - Set the standard for excellence in art production for how we generate third-party content. Seek opportunities for greater efficiency and execute on those areas. Mentor and facilitate the growth of fellow Art Producers in this area
What we're looking for
- Previous experience working in a production role where you've managed art teams in the creation and delivery of high quality art
- Deep understanding of dependency driven pipelines, scheduling and asset tracking, and project management practices and tools
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in an environment where you had to exhibit amazing problem-solving skills daily, viewing each new problem as an opportunity for success
- Self-starter, you approach challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
- Have the ability to communicate with varying levels of stakeholders, within your team and throughout the company
- Ability to drive high velocity, high impact development cycles, balancing out short-term needs and long-term vision
- Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations within a highly dynamic environment
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.