Asset Implementation Lead
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character, and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
The Implementation Lead must be an experienced member of the Fortnite team with a history of shipping multiple product seasons in an implementation role. They need extensive knowledge of the Unreal engine, asset pipelines, performance metrics, and best practices to maintain bug-free assets and a positive player experience. Familiarity with common BP parent classes is essential. Additionally, they should handle tasks of junior and mid-level implementers, serve as a point of contact for other disciplines, estimate work scope, communicate plans, mentor team members, conduct regular reviews, and explore automation opportunities. The lead is responsible for ensuring thorough and up-to-date documentation of all implementation processes.
In this role, you will
- Responsible for training/tasking/managing of direct reports (junior and mid-level implementers) and contractors
- Act as point of contact for Environment and Production teams for all implementation needs and questions
- Works with seasonal leads and production to scope out work against team bandwidth and provides seasonal post-mortems to verify estimates and report on staffing needs
- Assist with late-season integrations
- Creates and manages failsafe protocol to mitigate build breakages (internal and vendors)
- Triage and assign bugs to art implementers, conduct final content reviews, and maintain an up-to-date asset library.
- Manage content deprecation, ensure environmental performance standards, maintain BPs, conduct performance audits, and address player-facing environment issues.
- Work cross-discipline and cross-team to constantly improve pipeline and tool support
What we're looking for
- Detail-oriented, QA mindset for content
- Experience as a team lead
- Motivated to improve process and pipeline improvements
- Understanding of how content dependencies work
- Knowledge of various 2D and 3D applications, and how it relates to real-time game art
- Knowledge of UE5 blueprint system
- Comfortable creating and managing plans for assets that go through multiple teams
- A strong understanding of optimizations
- Coding knowledge a plus (C++, python)
- Please include a link to your portfolio
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.