WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Whether it’s driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic’s production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
What You'll Do
We are looking for Producers to join us! In this position you will be responsible for handling and organizing processes so that artists can do what they do best. Our team of producers focuses on 3D character modeling, rigging, animation, VFX, and tech art. We are looking for individuals who excel in organization, have exceptional communication abilities, and who are comfortable managing schedules of complex projects. The ideal candidates are passionate about production/program/project management, have a strong understanding of dependency driven production methodologies, and thrive in a fast paced environment.
In this role, you will
- Own the schedule - partner with art discipline leads (modeling, animation, VFX) to help scope and schedule the desired work for the team. Build and maintain dependency-driven asset schedules to ensure successful, on-time release of content that meets the Epic art quality bar
- Facilitate constant communication with the art production team, as well as cross department production teams, providing transparency on asset status, risks, and opportunities. Ensure stakeholders have proper visibility into development and are informed of any changes that may impact their teams
- Proactively seek resolution - identify problems and propose solutions for your team before they become roadblocks. Own the outcome of your area, and never wait to see if someone else will clear your path
- Be flexible and handle production needs across small strike teams. Understanding how to identify and break down priorities, and keeping up strong communication via multiple outlets including email, Slack, meetings, and development roadmaps
- Facilitate development operations including scheduling team meetings, running art reviews, while providing actionable notes and follow up to attendees. Assist with JIRA task/bug entry, triage, and tracking
What we're looking for
- Previous experience working in a production role where you've managed cross-functional teams in the creation and delivery of complex projects
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in an environment where you had to exhibit amazing problem-solving skills daily, viewing each new problem as an opportunity for success
- Self-starter, you approach challenges creatively and methodically, seeing them through to final resolution
- Have the ability to communicate with varying levels of stakeholders, within your team and throughout the company
- Ability to drive high velocity, high impact development cycles, balancing out short-term needs and long-term vision
- Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations within a highly dynamic environment
- Deep understanding of game development, software development process, or project management practices is a plus
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.