Senior Game Designer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Help shape the future of interactive music experiences alongside experts in the field. As a Senior Designer working with the Harmonix studio at Epic Games, you’ll lead the design and development of compelling game features, driving each from concept to ship in collaboration with a cross-discipline team.
In this role, you will
- Own the game design and creative vision of major game features and user interfaces, iterating from prototype to shipping quality.
- Collaborate with a cross-discipline team, utilizing your prior experience in hands-on development to effectively communicate and solve problems with teammates, both technical and non-technical.
- Design, propose, and champion various game mechanics, features, and user interfaces. Clearly and persuasively communicate designs via documents, presentations, diagrams, and prototypes.
- Build game features in Unreal Engine and Blueprint, solving technical problems as they arise.
- Engage with feedback from players, teammates, and stakeholders with an open, curious mindset.
What we're looking for
- Excellent communication skills: You’re a versatile communicator, able to converse effectively with designers, artists, engineers, and other developers.
- Game systems designer: You’ve applied critical, analytical, and systems thinking to solve problems in systems like progression, balance, economy, quests, social play, UX/UI.
- Game engine experience: You have hands-on experience using real-time 3D game engines (Unreal, Unity) to build game features and content.
- Scripting experience: You’ve build robust, performant game systems and/or user interfaces in scripting languages like Blueprint, C#, C++, and Lua.
- Leadership aptitude: You’re interested in driving projects and in growing the skills needed to lead, inspire, and serve development teams.
- Musician or music fan: If you have musical knowledge, experience, or interest, it’s a big plus!
This role is open to multiple locations in North America (including WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.