Investigations Lead, Trust & Safety
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
TRUST AND SAFETY
What We Do
The Epic Trust and Safety team provides a safer experience for Epic users. We work across multiple products and services to improve technology and craft transparent policies so our players and users can have positive experiences on our platforms.
What You'll Do
As Investigations Lead on our Trust and Safety team at Epic, you will be responsible for leading the Investigations team. You will develop and oversee processes for, and manage a team focused on, handling complex sensitive reports and content, while ensuring compliance with our policies, regulations, and legal obligations.
In this role, you will
- Own and develop strategy for handling a variety of content, including illegal content, child safety, and intellectual property, across Epic Games in partnership with key cross-functional partners.
- Track key operational metrics to measure organizational success and contribute to ongoing capacity planning, taking into account new compliance obligations.
- Lead, grow, and coach your team to deliver consistent outcomes while managing complex end user, company, and regulatory expectations.
- Provide oversight for Investigations workflows including escalations, reports, and legal compliance workflows, as well as ensuring your team stays up to date on all policy, process, and product changes.
- Deal with sensitive content and emotionally charged topics with consistency, fairness, and professionalism.
- Make final decisions in collaboration with legal on escalated cases related to law enforcement requests, regulatory compliance, illegal content, or investigations.
What we're looking for
- Deep understanding of user and platform safety with a minimum of 8+ years experience managing trust and safety functions with a focus on illegal content, child safety, intellectual property, law enforcement response, or investigations.
- Proven track record of scaling operations in a fast-paced, dynamic, and global environment.
- A team player who’s willing to get their hands dirty and help where needed.
- Ability to tolerate graphic or sensitive content as part of investigations.
- Excellent leadership skills to motivate, develop, and retain talent.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with investigational tools, including SQL, Terminal, and Tableau.
- Experience developing and implementing legal or regulatory compliance obligations as part of a broader roadmap.
- Strong preference for background in gaming, marketplaces, or social media.
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.