Head of Trust & Safety
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Trust & Safety
What We Do
The Epic Trust and Safety team provides a safer experience for Epic users. We work across multiple products and services to improve technology and craft transparent policies so our players and users can have positive experiences on our platforms.
What You'll Do
As the Head of Trust and Safety at Epic, you will be responsible for leading the Trust & Safety team, managing several critical, global verticals. You will think through the unique challenges of a broad array of policy and compliance areas, while overseeing global operations to enforce our policies accurately and efficiently. You, alongside your core team, will represent Trust and Safety’s priorities, initiatives, and perspectives in cross-functional conversations with both internal and external stakeholders.
In this role, you will
- Maintain and communicate a dynamic roadmap and develop a long-term vision for user safety across Epic Games in partnership with key cross-functional partners, internal stakeholders, and senior leadership.
- Lead day-to-day operations of the Trust & Safety team, developing and tracking key operational metrics to measure organizational success and engage in ongoing capacity planning, taking into account new products and features.
- Direct and validate user-facing and internal policy that balances user experience, risk mitigation, and organizational growth.
- Lead, grow, and motivate the operational verticals within the Trust & Safety team to deliver excellent outcomes while managing complex end user, company, and regulatory expectations.
- Provide oversight for Trust and Safety workflows including proactive moderation, escalations, reports, and legal compliance workflows, as well as ensuring the team stays up to date on all policy, process, and product changes.
- Oversee and monitor team development and retention, wellness, performance management, strategic planning, and team goals and deliverables for the organization.
- Deal with sensitive content and emotionally charged topics with consistency, fairness, and professionalism.
- Advise on the creation of internal and external processes, guidelines, and policies for the Trust & Safety team.
What we're looking for
- Deep understanding of user and platform safety with a minimum of 10+ years experience building and managing trust and safety functions.
- Proven track record of scaling operations in a fast-paced, dynamic, and global environment.
- Detail-oriented with executive maturity, business acumen, and the ability to influence and communicate within all levels of the organization.
- A team player who’s willing to get their hands dirty and help where needed.
- Excellent leadership skills to motivate, develop, and retain talent.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience implementing legal or regulatory compliance obligations as part of a broader roadmap.
- Strong preference for background in gaming, marketplaces, or social media.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.