WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ACCOUNTING & FINANCE
What We Do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What You'll Do
You will work alongside existing members of the International Finance team and partner with them and others within Epic to integrate Epic’s acquisitions and investments into Epic with primary responsibility for the UK and Canadian entities. This will include improving existing month end process and management reporting. This is a critical role to enable Epic to continue to grow its senior finance capabilities in the International Finance Team. The role will report into Epic’s International finance team but will work closely with senior leadership within the wider Epic Group, such as Corporate Tax, FP&A, Facilities, People and Legal. The role will take responsibility accounting activities for the Canadian and UK entities, and control structures to ensure that Epic’s financial and operational performance is optimised, scalable and clearly communicated on a timely and accurate basis.
In this role, you will
- Be responsible for the management of the financial accounting and reporting for all of Epic’s UK and Canadian entities for both US and statutory reporting. Ensure UK and Canadian territory specific regulatory compliance from a finance perspective.
- Ensure the swift and accurate reporting of month end reporting, oversee subsidiary month-end closing processes and ensuring policy compliance.
- Provide monthly commentary for the UK and Canadian entities. Prepare annual accounts for UK Holding Companies and UK subsidiaries including working with Workiva.
- Design, implement and operate key business process controls to ensure that the company has an effective and scalable internal controls framework.
- Have a continuous focus on process and control improvements that are required, and the ability to communicate these to Management.
- Build cross-functional working relationships within the company and externally, and provide technical guidance, training, and support to the Finance, Legal and Business Development teams.
- Partner with the existing UK and Canadian leadership teams to ensure that there is a strong holistic view of accounting and finances, and that finances are managed, controlled and presented in a way that is representative of business operations. Represent Epic’s controllership function in the implementation of a flexible and suitable scaled internal control environment that is robust and stands up to external audit.
What we're looking for
- Fluent in English and other international languages preferable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, or related field. Chartered Accountancy qualification or equivalent (preferred but not required).
- 10+ years financial accounting experience, preferably within both an US and International business and accounting environment.
- Team management experience.
- Good knowledge of both US GAAP, IFRS and UK GAAP, including a deep knowledge and understanding of UK tax and legal financial reporting obligations.
- Experience of building, maintaining and reporting on complex sub-consolidations, including GAAP adjustments.
- Experience of dealing with External Auditor requests.
- Strong communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to summarize key accounting and operational issues to management.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel (complex formula, VBA, macros and pivot tables) and proficient with other Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of working in different ERP systems and system migrations.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.