Lead Outsource Manager
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Whether it’s driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic’s production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Lead Outsourcing Manager to drive our global outsourcing strategy. In this role, you will lead a team of Outsource Managers who partner with development and content teams to ensure high-quality content and development work is delivered by multiple external vendors on time and on budget. You are an exceptional people leader and have experience building strong vendor partnerships and navigating complex conversations to maintain high-quality standards. You are a clear and proactive communicator, with excellent organizational and planning abilities. You will build strong relationships with teams across Epic including game dev and creative teams, procurement, legal, and finance teams to define best practices for agreements, cost tracking, and forecasting. The ideal candidate has led outsourcing teams at a creative company that operates across several time zones and countries. Past history of having shipped AAA games is a plus, but not a requirement.
In this role, you will
- Formulate and execute strategic initiatives related to vendor sourcing, quality and workflow assessment and cost management by cultivating strong relationships with Epic production and creative leadership teams. Proactively develop relationships with new vendors to support business expansion goals.
- Lead the Outsource Management team with strong mentorship, guidance, and growth opportunities. Cultivate understanding of team workflow to identify areas for process improvement and efficiencies to ensure the team is staffed appropriately.
- Maintain high quality standards with vendors and communicate proactively with vendors to ensure work proceeds smoothly. Foster a collaborative tone to maintain strong relationships between external vendor teams and Epic development teams.
- Partner with finance to establish a robust cost tracking system and collaborate with Epic’s internal contracts and procurement teams to establish best practices, price negotiations and deal structures.
What we're looking for
- 8+ years experience with outsourcing and external content and development management required, AAA games experience is a plus, but not required
- Demonstrated understanding of creative and game development process and how multiple external developers can be integrated into a fast-paced and quality-focused project
- Highly organized, self-driven, goal-oriented, and a great team player able to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry
- Strong ability to track, prioritize, and conscientiously follow through on multiple competing elements of work, in timely fashion, across groups with varying interests
- Clear and concise communication, collaboration leadership, and people skills
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.