Lead Art Producer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Whether it’s driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic’s production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Lead Producer to join us on the Fortnite art production team. You will drive the cosmetics creation and delivery process and lead other art producers in this position. Our team of producers focuses on 2D concept, 3D character and hard surface modeling and texturing, rigging, animation, VFX, and tech art. The ideal candidates are passionate about working in games, have a strong understanding of dependency-driven production methodologies, a firm understanding of a 3D art creation pipeline, excellent communication and collaboration skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will
- Work directly with multiple art discipline producers/leads/directors to successfully drive high velocity, high-impact development cycles, balancing out short-term needs and long-term vision. Help troubleshoot and balance resources as plans evolve.
- Partner with multiple leaders to understand requirements and critical timelines. Collaborate with game teams across Fortnight to understand and balance dependencies, deliveries, and output targets.
- Lead roadmap planning activities for the art and producer teams, requirements gathering, vendor assessments, workflow, and initiative build-out plans, estimations, and resourcing in order to drive a solid roadmap that achieves strategic product goals. Proactively seek out efficiencies to boost team productivity.
- Communicate proactively and consistently. Collaborate with producers, product managers, and other disciplines on the development teams needed to complete initiatives, understand and report on progress, risks, and mitigations.
What we're looking for
- Previous experience working in a production role where you've managed art teams in the creation and delivery of high-quality art
- Demonstrated production leadership experience and history of mentoring talent to foster growth.
- Experience in a software development organization, preferably with platform development.
- Expert communication, organizational skills and highly efficient time management.
- Deep understanding of dependency-driven pipelines, scheduling and asset tracking, and project management practices and tools
- Ability to build strong partnerships at every level. The kind of person that people want to work for and work with.
- - Adept at operating within ambiguous situations and high pressure scenarios.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.