Lead Gameplay Producer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Whether it’s driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic’s production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
What You'll Do
We are growing the team, forging the first adventures in LEGO Fortnite, blending the engaging and welcoming Fortnite universe with the creativity and playfulness of LEGO. We are seeking a Lead Gameplay Producer to drive one of our gameplay pods dedicated to the LEGO Fortnite project. In this role, you will work with designers, artists, engineers and product managers to build the path forward for LEGO Fortnite.
In this role, you will
- Oversee the development and regular release of innovative gameplay content, ensuring it captivates and retains our player base
- Manage the coordination of project timelines, resources, and deliverables within your gameplay pod
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure a unified and compelling gameplay experience that aligns with the collaborative vision of LEGO and Fortnite
- Manage the closing of your milestones, allowing for agile innovation, but balancing responsible hardening, guaranteeing each release meets our standards of excellence and innovation
- Continuously explore and implement new strategies to engage players, ensuring the content remains fresh and relevant
- Lead and inspire a team of game developers and designers, promoting a culture of creativity, collaboration, and excellence
- Incorporate player feedback to refine and improve future gameplay content and experiences. Be passionate about listening to players and make time to crawl through all channels of feedback
What we're looking for
- A strong understanding of data (KPI) driven development
- Experience running a large, distributed development team
- Experience with multi-platform titles, from development to release and through the live operations phase
- A good knowledge of light-touch production systems that allow teams to thrive without unnecessary overhead
- Extensive experience in gameplay production, preferably in a leadership role
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge of game design and player engagement tactics
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and lead teams to perform above and beyond
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills
- A passion for gaming, with a specific interest and familiarity with Fortnite and LEGO
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.