Senior SCM Engineer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Create and maintain a proactive and stable IT environment as well as provide IT support to our Epic people. You will be empowered to shape processes that deliver optimized IT service across our business. Work with emerging technologies while enabling IT success for everyone.
What You'll Do
Epic’s IT Engineering Team is looking for a Senior Source Control Management Engineer to support its implementation of Perforce, and related systems and infrastructure. The position will be responsible for building and executing the vision and strategy for the internal SCM environments, including implementation of new technical solutions, and developing system road-maps. You will work with internal stakeholders to develop best practice workflows and strategies to ensure alignment with the company’s overall business and operations objectives. The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about practical problem solving, team development and will need to be able to quickly and comfortably switch between high-level strategic design and hands-on engineering tasks depending on the situation and priorities at hand.
In this role, you will
- Lead the team responsible for work productivity tools including services critical to Epic such as Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Confluence, and Adobe Workfront
- Provide support, leadership, and guidance to team members, ensuring they understand the team’s priorities and the impact of their work
- Develop, own, and drive a comprehensive vision and roadmap for Productivity Engineering
- Oversee technical design and drive implementation of robust solutions, standards, and processes
- Partner with stakeholders to establish clear priorities and define expectations which translate to a scope of work the team can effectively deliver. Prioritize ongoing, transparent, and honest communication to build and foster trust with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Be responsible for continuous solution delivery, system performance improvements, system health and monitoring, work prioritization, and backlog management
- Partner with Procurement and Business Operations teams to manage vendor agreements, prepare for renewals, and identify new value opportunities
What we're looking for
- 7+ years of experience in an Atlassian engineering and/or DevOps role
- 2+ years in a management role
- Proven track record of growing, guiding, and developing teams
- Deep understanding of all aspects of running and working with JVM based applications and hosting Jira/Confluence Data Center on Linux including database scaling, hosting/managing/deploying apps on AWS, load balancers, proxies, and deployment pipelines. Strong technical knowledge of Jira, Jira SM, and Confluence administration and optimization is a must.
- Experience with DevOps tools including Terraform, Ansible, Packer, and Jenkins
- In-depth experience with public/private/hybrid cloud models, IT operations tools and best practices, release management, and change management
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with demonstrated strong communication skills with varying levels of stakeholders, within your team and throughout the company
- Experience in Agile Scrum with a focus on the continuous delivery model of deploying software
This role is open to multiple locations (including WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.