Senior LiveOps Producer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Whether it’s driving a vision from start to finish or collaborating with teams to inspire and deliver projects of Epic quality, Epic’s production teams take pride in consistently delivering world-class products and experiences.
What You'll Do
We are growing the team, forging the first adventures in LEGO Fortnite, blending the engaging and welcoming Fortnite universe with the creativity and playfulness of LEGO. In this role, you will be the primary production advocate for the live player, acting as a key partner to the design leads and the game Leadership team. The LiveOps team dives deep into data to understand our player needs, holds a relentlessly high bar for Epicʼs service quality, focuses the attention of our business and tech teams on the right priorities, and operates Epicʼs incident management process. When other mechanisms fail, LiveOps is the backstop that ensures that Epic operates in the best interest of our players' experience.
In this role, you will
- You will be the voice of the customer in a wide variety of contexts across Epicʼs business
- You'll have the opportunity to influence the product teams behind the Epic Game Store, Epic Online Services, and LEGO Fortnite to ship great experiences for millions of concurrent players and dozens of studio partners
- You'll have the autonomy to investigate opportunities and to drive operational decisions by combining your intuition with data to understand and improve player experience
- Be accountable for developing, ordering, and communicating LiveOps LEGO Fortnite team goals
- As the team's primary stakeholder for the LiveOps team, you will be a confident presenter, rallying the team behind initiatives as well as delivering clear and regular reporting to stakeholders
What we're looking for
- Experience delivering and running large, multi-platform, live products with regular content and feature deliveries. A strong understanding of data-driven development and running a large, distributed development team are important
- Detailed knowledge and experience of production methodologies, and comfortable working with task-tracking software
- You thrive in ambiguity. You can understand a diverse set of product features, identify how an issue impacts a single customer, and quantify the business impact. You're capable of identifying larger trends surrounding disparate issues and enabling product teams to solve the real underlying issues
- You are decisive and know how to get stuff done. You're comfortable engaging and advising senior leadership on real-time and strategic decisions. You're successful at managing your own time and output, as well as selecting projects with a calculated long-term positive effect on Epicʼs business and player experience
- You have a strong technical basis and know how to learn new things. Strong analysis and problem solving skills are essential to do this role successfully
- Great interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills, with the proven ability to communicate plans at varying levels of detail to different audiences
- Excellent stakeholder management, confidently balancing the needs of the business, the players, and the team
- Be proficient with tools and systems for setting up and managing LiveOps - Jira, Tableau, Opsgenie, etc
This role is open to multiple locations in North America (including CA, NYC, & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.