Senior Platform Engineer
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We enable Epic’s online services teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class tools and platforms to improve the experience of our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to build, operate, and scale their applications. We operate at massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world.
What You'll Do
At Epic Games, platform engineers' primary role is to accelerate software development by building reliable and scalable infrastructure platform. As the company is changing rapidly, the environment is fast-paced which brings a lot of interesting and ever-changing challenges.
In this role, you will
- Design and implement self-healing, reliable and scalable infrastructure platform in a cloud-native environment
- Drive complex infrastructure changes with a fantastic level of transparency and communication, with zero down-time
- Train other software engineers on best practices for infrastructure management
- Define SLOs and error quotas for services destined to run in production
- Ensure effectiveness and reliability of our systems and be a critical part of our dev-ops culture, including participation in our out-of-hours on-call rota.
- Ensure long-term scalability and maintainability of our infrastructure as well as smooth integration with the wider Epic Platform
What we're looking for
- Good understanding of microservices architecture principles
- Exposure to AWS or another cloud provider
- Good understanding of Terraform or another Infrastructure as Code technology
- Good understanding of Docker and container orchestration
- Experience with services lifecycle, monitoring and CI/CD
- Experience with any programming language, either OO or functional
This role is open to multiple locations in Europe.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.