Lead Gameplay Programmer, LEGO Fortnite
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
PROGRAMMING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of programming experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
Today, we are growing the team that is forging the first adventures in LEGO Fortnite, blending the engaging and welcoming Fortnite universe with the creativity and playfulness of LEGO. We’re looking for a Gameplay Programming Lead for the Gameplay team within LEGO Fortnite. You will have a dedicated team of reports and the help, and close partnership, of other Gameplay teams from across Unreal Engine and Fortnite. Most importantly, you’ll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to bring a brand-new game experience to players worldwide!
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of programmers focused on player-facing features and gameplay systems.
- Build and maintain bridges with stakeholders to realize company vision.
- Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made.
- Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features.
- Prototype and iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback.
- Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems.
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development.
What we're looking for
- Strong C++ skills and programming principles knowledge.
- Talent for building robust, extensible, maintainable systems.
- Experience developing AAA games or game engine technology professionally.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Experience with player engagement and retention systems is a plus.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.