Business Development Director(KWS)
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We enable Epic’s online services teams to build, deploy, and manage services that are used by more than half a billion players around the world. Our mission is to provide world class tools and platforms to improve the experience of our developers and make it easier, faster, and safer to build, operate, and scale their applications. We operate at a massive scale as one of the largest cloud computing users in the world.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for an experienced business development and partnerships lead for their Kids Web Services tools, used by some of the largest games and platforms in the world to help them manage youth audiences in their experiences. The ideal candidate should possess knowledge of the gaming, identity, privacy, and mobile landscapes with an awareness of the challenges faced by developers dealing with under-16 engagement.
In this role, you will
- Lead the adoption of KWS across various verticals, focused on the largest game developers and platforms.
- Build and manage a pipeline of new opportunities and partnerships for the KWS developer ecosystem.
- Guide partners through the onboarding process, collaborating with Technical Account Management to facilitate the adoption of additional products and features.
- Strategize with Marketing to enhance awareness of the KWS tooling, ensuring partners grasp the capabilities and benefits.
- Conduct business and technical discovery with customers in collaboration with Epic Games developer-facing teams such as Unreal Engine and Epic Online Services
- Work with engineering, product, sales, and BD teams to create solutions that enhance the value of KWS for developers.
- Represent KWS at industry events and conferences, driving face to face engagement with partners and prospects.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years working in a similar business development relations role in privacy, identity, gaming
- Proven network across gaming and platforms
- Experience managing an enterprise sales pipeline and contract process and the demonstrated ability to navigate deals across technical and legal challenges as well as multiple teams and stakeholders
- A track record of project management across technical implementations for large customers
- Balance of business and technology acumen, including ability to articulate high-level technical solutions to business problems and tie solutions to success criteria
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills, including ability to create clear observations, analysis and conclusions based on partner interviews and data
- Excellent customer facing skills with experience presenting to and achieving buy-in from senior executives and technical teams
- Team player who can collaborate with multiple stakeholders to arrive at the best solution while operating in a fast-paced environment
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
This role is open to multiple locations in North America (including CA & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.