Senior Security Engineer - Fortnite
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Our ECOSEC team provides a safer experience for Epic's users. We work across multiple products and services to improve technology and craft transparent policies so our players and users can have positive experiences on our platforms.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Security Engineer focused on Application Security to develop and improve our services, products, and games against exploits and attacks. Your efforts will be critical to the success of Fortnite and the many creators who depend on it. The ideal candidate would have prior experience developing security features. We are particularly interested in those that have prior experience working with desktop application security and Unreal Engine. This is an incredible opportunity to create a safe environment for millions of players and advance industry best practices.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate with the Fortnite and Unreal Engine teams to understand the security implications of existing and upcoming features, proposing changes if appropriate
- Proactively seek out vulnerable components in the Fortnite game client or backend, then clearly communicate the problem and recommended solution
- Influence others to maintain a security oriented mindset
- Architect, implement, deploy, and/or maintain new security initiatives for both the Fortnite game client and backend components
- Debug, modify, and optimize existing security systems for both the Fortnite game client and backend components
What we're looking for
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages in a security environment: C++, Go, or C#
- Familiarity with development and security practices on Windows and Linux
- Deep, technical understanding of methods used to attack or exploit networked systems
- Understanding of malware techniques and goals
- Understanding of client and server sandboxing techniques for Windows and Linux
- Understanding of cryptographic principles, especially digital signatures
- Understanding of online multiplayer video game architectures
- Technical understanding of the structure and technology stacks of online service backends
- Experience working with data analytics to solve, prevent, or monitor for problems
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related subject - candidates without a degree are welcome as long as they have proven extensive hands-on experience
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents. Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.