Sr. Industry Marketing Manager
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
UNREAL ENGINE MARKETING
What We Do
Unreal Engine is a high-performance software development suite, created by Epic Games, that empowers today’s digital creators to craft real-time, high-fidelity interactive experiences for games, film, TV, VR, architectural visualization, product design, and manufacturing. As part of the Unreal Engine Marketing team, we help develop, manage, measure, and enhance Epic campaigns across multiple verticals and channels.
What You'll Do
The Unreal Engine marketing team is looking for an experienced marketer to drive industry leading campaigns and support our ambition to be the most trusted leader in real time 3D.
In this role, you will
- Build a full year creative and content strategy to attract, recruit and retain creators and game developers across the industry. Develop innovative approaches and distribution plans that drive discovery across channels
- Develop a holistic marketing plan that includes key campaign beats such as events, product releases, learning tracks and community activations. Prepare and present games industry plans at an executive level
- Collaborate with internal teams and priority partners to develop industry marketing campaigns that reach developers across key global markets. Move campaigns from concept to execution by working closely with Business Development, Product Marketing, Creative Production, Community and Comms teams
- Understand the pain points and priority needs of developers to inform content that will help them unlock the value of Unreal Engine
- Support production of content that can help developers uplevel their skills, launch new projects, and take advantage of feature releases
- Source stories from strategic partners across the industry to help create awareness and understanding of Unreal Engine’s value proposition. Translate customer stories into case studies and industry spotlights
- Assess key metrics to understand what is working and why on a campaign level. Develop wrap-up reports and campaign recaps that help improve efficacy of marketing, Track and share industry trends that can move the brand and business forward while supporting the developer community at large
What we're looking for
- 8+ years experience in the Games industry with expansive knowledge of the ecosystem of engines, studios, IP partners and distribution platforms
- Strong passion for creative production with a heavy focus on video development and delivery
- Superior eye for detail as you move projects from concept to review and execution
- Experience working with strategic partners to develop co-marketing efforts
- Experience or exposure to marketing software and tool-sets
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA & NYC).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.