WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will be leading a group of internal and external QA personnel, working directly with our Development Partners to build and understand feature scope, coordinate cross team efforts, and evaluate/report on risks to the product. We are looking for someone who can manage and grow the team to push for constant improvements while being flexible and able to pivot when priorities change.
In this role, you will
- Assign, supervise, and evaluate the performance of appropriate internal and external resources for the testing, documentation, and research of relevant issues
- Review upcoming features/development to make sure it is fun, engaging, and high quality
- Collaborate with the development team to analyze qualitative and quantitative game test results, evaluate their importance across a matrix of factors, and action against them in real time
- Coordinate with other QA leadership team members to inform changes and processes to improve the overall quality of the QA efforts.
- Manage and evaluate data to inform changes or identify gaps
- Advocate for the player and being the voice of the quality in the room
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of QA management experience in the games industry
- Experience working on a hybrid in-house/outsourced team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a Live Service model and planning for multiple releases
- Self motivated and multitasking capabilities
- Skilled writer of detailed issue documentation and test plans along with strong communication skills and the ability to advocate
- Experience using qualitative metrics to measure Project/Product health as well as tools such as JIRAQmetry/TestRail
- Selfless collaborator with and inspirational leader of small teams on short deadlines
This role is open to multiple locations in North America (including CA & WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.