Senior Fullstack Engineer, Product Experience
About the role:
Forter is looking for a Senior Full stack Engineer to develop and cultivate new products for fraud detection. More than in other teams, the engineering decisions made by Forter’s product team need to balance not only engineering factors, but also user experience, aesthetics, legal and financial considerations, and a general sense for what's most important.
Engineers on the Product team have a knack for making tools powerful without compromising their ease of use. This applies to both visual tools (like our customers’ dashboard and our internal analysts’ system) and programming tools (like our API).
Why should you join us? Our team creates the experiences that complement the automatic services that Forter provides. We thoughtfully craft solutions that empower our clients, enabling them to investigate and interact with our entire offering stack - from the moment the transaction is made, to any one of its future paths. We are highly adaptable, working with a diverse stack of technologies, and always aspiring to create the best value for our clients.
Join us if you are passionate about building beautiful solutions and working in a vibrant and young environment.
What you will be doing:
- Influence how our product offering looks and behaves.
- Design and implement unique solutions for data interfaces for clients’ platforms.
- Take full ownership of a feature set from the first discussion to bringing it to live on the site.
- Self-managing project planning, milestones, designs, and estimations
- Holding yourself and others to a high standard when working with production systems. We take pride in our tests, monitoring & alerting abilities just as we do with our systems
Who are you?
- At least 5 years of experience throughout the web development stack such as Node.js, Storybook, Karma, React, VueJS, Lit, AngularJS, ES6 etc.
- Advanced HTML & CSS (including SASS/LESS) skills.
- Strong pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Great communication skills.
- Self-driven and can deliver solutions partnering with both internal and external development teams without the need of a project manager.
- Professional proficiency in English
It’d be really cool if you also have:
- Experience with building low latency web applications.
- Experience with UI/UX (Photoshop, Micro-Interactions, animations, etc.).
- Experience with building automation and package management tools such as Webpack/Rollup.
- Experience building browsers’ extensions/plug-ins
- Experience working with or building internet payment interfaces
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com. This information will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of determining an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.