Director of Customer Success, EMEA
About the role:
The Customer Success (CS) department is the backbone of everything Forter does, and as the Director of CS for EMEA you’ll lead the team responsible for that region’s customers. Forter’s technology is cutting edge, and as such, the CS team is in an exciting position to partner with customers to deliver incredible business value. Forter places a great deal of faith in our CS team, who are responsible not only for customer satisfaction, but also renewals and expansion discovery. In this role you’ll lead a world class team, ensure the execution of our mission at the highest levels, build lasting relationships with client executives, solve complex business challenges, and expand the skills that will be the cornerstone of your career.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a world class team of roughly 5 CSMs in the EMEA region, covering our customers in the UK,, France, Israel and more
- Recruit and develop a high performing team, helping uplevel our CSMs to meet their company goals while preparing them for the next steps in their careers
- Deliver transformational leadership so the team is highly motivated, supported, and engaged. Be a role model and maximize the strengths of your team
- Own the gross and net revenue retention number for your team, building a strategic plan to retain and grow your book of business quarter after quarter
- Independently handle escalated client issues with urgency, providing guidance to the team while serving as an escalation point that can deescalate situations
- Lead the EMEA team renewal strategies, partnering with cross-functional teams like Sales, Marketing, and Finance to proactively plan renewals well in advance
- Work closely with the GTM teams (Sales, Pre-Sales, etc.) to align on strategies, forecasting, account plans, and expansion opportunities
- Share key insights about Forter’s product and processes internally with our Product and leadership teams to help point the company roadmap in the right direction
What you'll need:
- 10+ years of CS experience working with large enterprises on software solutions
- 5+ years of management experience as a CS team manager or leader
- Experience in a SaaS startup serving high revenue strategic customers
- Fraud, payments, professional services, and eCommerce experience is a bonus
- Strong management presence and leadership ability, with communication and interpersonal skills that motivate leaders and teams
- Demonstrated operational excellence in analytical thinking, process development, problem solving, communication, delegation, and planning
- Excellent communication skills especially at the C-level. Past experience working with senior C-level executives both internally and externally
- Experience building exceptionally strong relationships with x-functional leaders. Sharing a clear vision for your team as well as enlisting internal support for initiatives
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, be trusted to drive initiatives autonomously and gain buy in from a wide collection of stakeholders
- Ability to break down ambiguous and nuanced problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal solutions
- Openness to being hands on. Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get in the weeds while solving complex operational problems
- Competitive salary and commission plan
- Private health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Stock options
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays, every Friday
- Home office allowance
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Forter, we have embraced a hybrid work model that combines the benefits of in-office collaboration with the flexibility of remote work. As part of this exciting approach, Team members are invited to work from the office at least 2 days per week. Within these two days, we encourage employees to join each week, for a department Team Day and for a Hub Day within each office. Your recruiter will share the specifics of these days.
Our hope is that a balance of in-person collaboration will aid massively in employee professional growth, development and relationship-building.