Technical Support Specialist
About the role:
Forter is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to deliver a great experience to our internal users (engineers, analysts, data scientists, etc). If you’re constantly curious, tech savvy, and an outstanding communicator we want to hear from you!
Why should you join us?
What you'll be doing:
- Troubleshooting complex user issues and communicating with engineers, analysts, researchers and data scientists
- Work with Infra teams to diagnose and solve the more complex technical user problems
- Optimize our support documentation and processes to improve users’ experiences and help take our onboarding to the next level
- Have an opportunity to learn how Forter operates from the ground up and make an impact on the future of the organization
- Debug issues (on premise or remotely) and apply creative problem solving with MacOS, bash, Unix, git, Python and more
- Handle user permissions in multiple systems like AWS, Okta, LastPass, GitHub, PagerDuty and others.
- Take initiative - got a great idea that'll make our team's day-to-day better? Let's hear it!
What you'll need:
- 2-3 years of experience in similar roles
- Have experience with AWS and its different components (IAM, S3, EC2 etc.)
- Not a stranger to writing code and understanding how and why things work
- Have a desire to improve and create new tools and processes to make our users lives easier
- Be proficient in working in a technical environment and comfortable working to solve technical user issues
- Be technically savvy and be able to navigate multiple complex systems simultaneously to respond to user inquiries
- Love troubleshooting and debugging new issues
- Have strong written communication skills and the ability to interact with users clearly and empathetically in English
On the technical side, we’d love for you to have some experience with any/all of the following:
- System administration - installation using and debugging of brew, pip, etc.
- Python + Bash scripting
- Shells - Bash, Zsh, dotfiles, env. vars like PATH, which, etc.
- Standard Python tooling (pip, pyenv, virtualenv, etc.)
- Managed cloud environments (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Forter, we have embraced a hybrid work model that combines the benefits of in-office collaboration with the flexibility of remote work. As part of this exciting approach, Team members are invited to work from the office at least 2 days per week. Within these two days, we encourage employees to join each week, for a department Team Day and for a Hub Day within each office. Your recruiter will share the specifics of these days.
Our hope is that a balance of in-person collaboration will aid massively in employee professional growth, development and relationship-building.