Principal Engineer, Payments
About the role:
The role within the Payments Optimization group presents an exciting opportunity for an outstanding leader with a deep understanding of both technical intricacies and product development in the realm of payment solutions. Join our Payments leadership team and play a pivotal role in reshaping the payment landscape. As the leader, you will spearhead the creation of the product from its inception, leveraging dedicated engineering resources to bring your vision to fruition.
This is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation and drive the success of our payment products from day one, being actively engaged in all facets of product development, spanning customer interactions, product strategy, GTM initiatives, engineering processes, and more.
What you'll be doing:
- Taking care of all matters related to the new product, starting from design/technology stack selection / API design, all the way to GTM and acquiring first customers. Write the product requirements for the Engineering team.
- To incorporate the new product with the existing Forter products, high collaboration skills are required. Especially with the engineering and product organizations which are located in TLV, NYC, and LDN.
- Work closely with the dedicated engineering team which will be hired in London. The rest of the payments product and engineering group are located in Tel Aviv.
- Full ownership of the product launch, aiming to go live with the first enterprise B2B customer by the end of 2024. You will not work alone, but 100% ownership is expected.
- Master the details, this product is highly technical. Your extensive technical leadership skills will play a key role.
What you'll need:
- 15± years of experience in engineering, including 5+ years of engineering leadership roles
- Demonstrated hands-on founder skills with a track record of actively leading the build of products in the early stages.
- Technical and Business Expertise: Combine technical prowess with a keen understanding of business dynamics in the payment processing domain.
- Experience in the Payment Ecosystem, specifically with credit card processing.
- Team player
- Thrive in a dynamic environment, adept at navigating various dynamics and paces, demonstrating adaptability and resilience - building a new product as part of an established company has easier and harder aspects than building a startup.
It'd be cool if you also:
- Experience in building Payment products
- Deep knowledge of the credit card processing domain, acquirers, PSPs, card schemes, and issuers
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Forter, we have embraced a hybrid work model that combines the benefits of in-office collaboration with the flexibility of remote work. As part of this exciting approach, Team members are invited to work from the office at least 2 days per week. Within these two days, we encourage employees to join each week, for a department Team Day and for a Hub Day within each office. Your recruiter will share the specifics of these days.
Our hope is that a balance of in-person collaboration will aid massively in employee professional growth, development and relationship-building.