Senior Solutions Consultant - Payments
About the role:
We are on the lookout for a Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant with payments expertise to join our North America team! The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, energetic and a solution-focused leader with strong technical skills, payments architecture experience, and a background working with enterprise customers in a SaaS-based setting.
As part of your day-to-day, you will be communicating and demonstrating the value of Forter’s payments solutions and owning all technical aspects of the sales cycle. You will work collaboratively with a high-performing sales team to uncover customer needs, priorities, and develop value-based use-cases and account engagement strategies. You will leverage your technical and business skills and work in conjunction with Sales, Implementation, Customer Success, R&D and Product Management as a key business advisor and payments product advocate.
What you’ll be doing:
- Present our payments solutions in a clear manner to both technical and business audiences
- Work closely with our Sales and Business Development team, meet with clients, and deliver technical insights for business questions regarding the sales process
- Conduct payment solution deep dives with clients and partners to understand their business goals and how Forter can help achieve and even outperform those metrics
- Help remove barriers with potential prospects by clearly articulating Forter’s integration technology, and helping scope projects with a relentless drive for quality
- Prepare and deliver solution messaging in an effort to highlight Forter's value proposition and unique differentiators
- Partner with internal Product and R&D teams for sharing client and prospect feedback and additional product roadmap insights
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of experience in a pre-sales engineering role with an enterprise b2b product in the payments industry
- Solid understanding of the payments landscape and/or working with cloud technologies and APIs in relation to leading payment solutions for merchants
- Knowledge of various payment flows, such as card processing, bank account based payments, online payment platforms (PayPal, etc.), digital wallets (ApplePay, etc.), and Buy-Now-Pay-Later services (Klarna, etc.)
- Superior analytical, critical thinking, and quantitative skills
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to build strong relationships with business partners and stakeholders
- Proven analysis and problem-solving expertise
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Experience delivering presentations and demonstrations to senior level business and technical audiences
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
Trust is backed by data – Forter is a recipient of over 10 workplace and innovation awards, including:
- Great Place to Work Certification (2021, 2022, 2023)
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces in NYC (2022)
- #3 on Fast Company’s list of “Most Innovative Finance Companies” (2022)
- Forbes Cloud 100 (2021, 2022)
- SAP Pinnacle Awards “New Partner Application Award” (2023)
- Fintech Breakthrough Awards – Best Fraud Prevention Platform (2023)
Life as a Forterian:
We are a team of over 500 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Since 2013, we've raised $525 million from investors such as Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital and Salesforce Ventures. We're on a mission to bring trust to global digital commerce so that companies like Nordstrom, Priceline, Instacart and ASOS can block fraud, drive revenue and improve customer experience.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.
Forter is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Matching 401K Plan
- Comprehensive and generous health insurance, including vision and dental coverage
- Home office allowance
- Generous PTO policy
- Half day Fridays
At Forter, we have embraced a hybrid work model that combines the benefits of in-office collaboration with the flexibility of remote work. As part of this exciting approach, Team members are invited to work from the office at least 2 days per week if living within a 60-minute commutable distance of one of our North American offices. Within these two days, we encourage employees to join each week, for a department Team Day and for a Hub Day within each office. Your recruiter will share the specifics of these days.
Our hope is that a balance of in-person collaboration will aid massively in employee professional growth, development and relationship-building.
*Forter does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Forter (or any related) jobs alias or directly to any Forter employees. Forter will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Salary Range: $135,000 - $170,000 annually + bonus + equity + benefits
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, and skill level.